Stainless steel cistern specifications
The Franke Stainless steel cistern is one of the most versatile flushing units available on the market. It is used in conjuction with various other stainless steel systems such as:
- HCL Pedestal pan
- The Stainless steel squat pan
- CMPX594 Stainless Steel wall hung WC pan.
- The EC Combination Bedpan and Wash-Up Sink.
- The EL Sluice Sink
- The stainless steel Slop hopper
- The Slop Hopper Combo unit
The Franke Stainless Steel cistern will hold 11 litres of water which is enough for most sanitary applications. Dimensions is 490 x 336 x 150 mm and is made from grade 304 (18/10) stainless steel. The lid is fixed to the base with two screws to increase security. In locations where security or vandalism is a problem, the stainless steel cistern can be placed behind the pan wall. Actuation of the cistern can then be done by a modified lever through the wall (must be done on site).
- Grade 304 (18/10) Stainless Steel
- Low or high level cistern.
- Low level cistern complete with PVC flush pipe and Supa Flush Valve
- High level cistern complete with supa flush valve and chain
- 11 Litres high or low level cistern
There are two versions of the cistern; the low level cistern and high level cistern.
Low level stainless steel cistern components
- PVC Flush Pipe
- Supa Flush Valve and
- Ball valve
High level stainless steel cistern components
- Stainless steel 1700 mm flush pipe
- Supa flush valve with chain
- Ball valve toilet flush mechanism
Plastic cistern (AP123)
The plastic security cistern is designed for exposed or wall hung installation but with remote pneumatic actuation. The security cistern is insulated against condensate formation inside the cistern. Water inlet is either at the right or left top of the cistern, not at the bottom as many other ceramic cisterns. Angle valves are not included in product, however, it is recommended that angle valves with filter are used to increase the life of all the internal parts. The security cistern dimensions are 410 x 380 x 128 mm.
- Ideal for security installations
- Can be used on a wide variety of industrial and commercial products
- Can be activated via remote pneumatic system
- Easy installation with instruction included in box
- Cheaper than stainless steel cisterns.
The plastic security cistern can be used as a standard wall mounted cistern with top flush actuation. However, when used in a security zone where vandalism and theft are a problem, the cistern can be placed against an outside wall (to which the toilet is fixed). A pneumatic actuator is then installed in the wall which is attached to the security cistern via a pipe.
The plastic security cistern is made from durable plastic so it should not be placed inside prison chambers or inside holding cells. The whole idea is not to use expensive stainless steel cisterns. Stainless steel toilets that can be used with the security cistern are:
- HCL Pedestal pan with back entry inlet.
- HDTX597 wall/floor mounted shrouded stainless steel pan with back entry inlet
- CMPX592 Wall mounted stainless steel pan, either back entry or top entry
- CMPX594 wall mounted paraplegic stainless steel pan, either back entry or top entry.
- The stainless steel squat pan.
It can also be used to operate the following hospital products:
- EC Combination bedpan & wash-up sink
- EL bedpan sluice sink
- CH Slop Hopper
- CHBC Slop hopper basin combination
Pneumatic actuator and duct cistern
The system can be installed on any back entry toilet such as the HCL, CMPX592/594 and HDTX597 toilets. Most ceramic wall hung, back to wall and floor mounted toilet pans can also be used. For slop hoppers and other medical products a high level cistern is recommended. The high level cistern can also be activated with the wall mounted pneumatic valve.