The Hygia VL-703600WH medical basin
The Hygia VL-703611 is used in medical and laboratory applications where hands free washing is essential. It comes with a splashback mounted gooseneck medical tap that is elbow operated. The tap is not a mixer so it does not mix hot and cold water automatically. Temperature must be set by moving the two elbow levers on the tap. it is advised to install a thermostatic mixer under the Hygia basin. This will prevent users from scaling/burning due to too hot water.
Vaal Sanitaryware ceramic fireclay 585 x 435 mm “Hygia” hospital basin, including 1/4 turn wrist action mixer (code CO-515/053232H21), c.p. waste (code CO-308 unslotted), overflow tube (code CO-8630Z000), two fixing screws, plugs and c.p. caps (code VL-8513ZO). Supplied with two tapholes. Basin mass 35 kg without plumbing fittings and tap. Always use silicone sealant or equivalent between basin and finished wall surface area for secure and neat installation.
Installation tips of the medical basin
- Determine position where basin is to be installed.
- Mark position of holes to be drilled for fixing screws.
- Drill holes to correct size and depth.
- Place basin against holes for push-through installation for concrete, solid bricks and hollow blocks.
- Insert screws and tighten with number 10 hexagonal spanner.
- Press the c.p. caps onto head of screw and over the exposed section of the plug up against basin splashback.