The Zip Hydroboil must be installed over a sink draining board or a bench top equipped with a portable or plumbed drip tray. Tap outlet clearance to sink 260 mm unless pot filling requires greater access. Minimum service access clearance of 250 mm above, 250 mm to left, 250 mm to right. The vent within the case must discharge to a safe visible position as, under certain conditions, the vent may discharge cold or boiling water, and/or steam.
- Instant boiling water for tea, coffee, and cooking .
- Designed to operate within 3°C of boiling point with thermal temperature control.
- New energy conserving “Cool Touch” tap provides fingertip control, reduces heat loss and saves energy.
- Two-way tap control for precision filling of cups, locks on for filling pots.
- Fully automatic.
- Steam free.
- Optional filtration systems.
- Choice of brushed Stainless Steel or White Powder Coated.
- Able to deliver between 12 to 300 cups of boiling water at one time depending on choice of model.
- Peak demand-loading is reduced considerably in comparison to traditional kettles and urns.
- Concealed plumbing and electrical connections.
The Zip Hydroboil must be connected in accordance with current South African wiring regulations. 15 litre models to be connected to a 15 amp GPO, 220-240V AC 50 Hz within 1500 mm. For 25 and 50 litre models, isolating the switch in fixed wiring and attaching to a secure surface is required within 1500mm of system. The switch must provide all-pole disconnection with contact separation of at least 3mm. For concealed electrical connection, connect cable from the rear directly to internal terminal block.
Plumbing for the Zip Hydroboil
The Zip Hydroboil must be installed by a qualified plumber in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and South African plumbing regulations. Designed for direct connection to a potable cold water supply with minimum pressure of 70 kPa; maximum 600 kPa. If static pressure exceeds 600 kPa, a pressure reducing valve must be fitted. An isolating valve should be installed between the water supply and the system.
Maintenance in hard-water areas
In areas where hard water may occur, such as in the eastern and southern coastal regions of South Africa, the product lifespan could be reduced due to build-up of scale. Regular de-scaling should be carried out by a Zip Hydroboil service provider every 6 to 12 months depending on the severity of the conditions.
|F-HB-2.5-EW||Epoxy white||2.5 L||12 - 15||1||1.5||250 x 150 x 431|
|F-HB-5-EW||Epoxy white||5.0 L||25 - 30||1||1.5||318 x 150 x 460|
|F-HB-7.5-EW||Epoxy white||7.5 L||36 - 45||1||1.5||310 x 180 x 460|
|F-HB-10-EW||Epoxy white||10 L||50 - 60||1.5||2.4||340 x 205 x 630|
|F-HB-15-EW||Epoxy white||15 L||75 - 90||2||2.4||370 x 290 x 630|
|F-HB-25-EW||Epoxy white||25 L**||120 - 150||2||3.6||510 x 290 x 630|
|F-HB-50-EW||Epoxy white||50 L**||250 - 300||2||3.6x2||855 x 290 x 630|
|F-HB-2.5-SS||S/Steel||2.5 L||12 - 15||1||1.5||250 x 150 x 431|
|F-HB-5-SS||S/Steel||5.0 L||25 - 30||1||1.5||318 x 150 x 460|
|F-HB-7.5-SS||S/Steel||7.5 L||36 - 45||1||1.5||310 x 180 x 460|
|F-HB-10-SS||S/Steel||10 L||50 - 60||1.5||2.4||340 x 205 x 630|
|F-HB-15-SS||S/Steel||15 L||75 - 90||2||2.4||370 x 290 x 630|
|F-HB-25-SS||S/Steel||25 L**||120 - 150||2||3.6||510 x 290 x 630|
|F-HB-50-SS||S/Steel||50 L**||250 - 300||2||3.6x2||855 x 290 x 630|
Ideal for office use because:
- Saves Time: No more wasted time waiting for water to boil. The ZIP HydroBoil provides instant boiling water 24 hours a day for hot beverages and food preparation, at the touch of a lever. Designed to operate within 3°C of boiling point.
- Saves Energy: No energy wasted boiling more water than required. Two-way tap control for a cup-full or a teapot-full at a time.
- Steam Free & Hygienic: Concealed cistern, ensuring the ultimate in hygiene and protecting kitchen cupboards from steam damage.
- Saves Space: No cluttered worktops – Zip instant boiling water eliminates the need for kettles, urns and exposed power leads.
- Saves Money: Cost effective to run – thanks to the dual chamber design, recycling the steam to pre-heat the incoming water.