Stainless steel slop hoppers
CH Slop Hopper Specifications:
Model CH Slop Hopper 540 x 540 mm manufactured from grade 304 (18/10) stainless steel 1,2 mm thick with a 100 mm high integral splash back to the rear and both sides. The cone has an integral flushing rim and a 110 mm waste outlet for pan connector, the inlet is fitted with a 38 x 250 mm long vertical flush pipe for a standard flush valve. Unit fitted with a hinged bucket grid manufactured from 10 mm diameter grade 304 (18/10) stainless steel round bar complete with two 40 x 40 mm square stainless steel wall mounting gallows brackets. Unit fixed to wall 600 mm from the top of the front apron to the finish floor level with 4 off anchor bolts (bolts specified elsewhere). Note plumbing is not included in the price of the CH slop hopper.
Standard Flushing Method Using Flush Valve methods:
Walcro 104T Flush valve – 35 mm water supply flush valve. Comes with isolating check valve and telescopic adjustment and top entry flush pipe. The flush valve is made from CP DZR brass and is operated via a small lever on the side of the valve.
Alternative Flushing Method Using High-Level Cistern:
Slop Hopper with a high-level cistern and its components:
- 11 litres stainless steel high-level cistern
- Supa Flush Valve and pull chain
- 41mm diameter stainless steel flush pipe and
- 41/38mm reducing chrome plated coupling.
Use the high-level cistern option with low water pressure or in rural areas. The high-level cistern is easy to maintain but the flush valve is a complex mechanism.
Standard hospital slop hopper with Walcro 104T flush valve. Notice this flush valve has the isolating valve to the right for easy maintenance. Other taps are all optional and specific to the installation.
CHBC Slop hopper basin combination description
The CHBC slop hopper basin combination (combo unit) is made from 1.2mm thick grade 304 stainless steel. Dimensions: 965 x 550 mm. The CHBC slop hopper basin combo unit saves space inside the hospital since it combines a slop hopper and basin. Furthermore, they are right next to each other making work more efficient and hygienic.
The CHBC Slop Hopper Basin Combo has two flushing options.
CHBC Slop Hopper combination with flush valve
This combination is ideal for most hospitals and clinics. You require a good source of 3 bar water supply in order for the flushing mechanism to work properly. The following Walcro flush valves are recommended:
- Walcro 104T with isolating valve
- Walcro 106T without isolating valve
We recommend the Walcro 104 with isolating valve because it makes maintenance very easy (Note that the Walcro 550 cannot be used in this system). You don’t need to shut off all the water of the floor, you only need to close the isolating valve to work on the flush valve. In areas where water is not that clean and building and alterations persist, we recommend using an inline strainer or filter to reduce maintenance and downtime on the flush valve.
CHBC Slop Hopper combination with stainless steel cistern.
This option is ideal for rural hospitals and clinics. No need to worry about maintaining water pressure, as long as there is enough pressure to fill the stainless steel cistern the unit will work properly. Two types of cisterns are available;
- Low-level cistern with front flush mechanism
- High-level cistern with pull chain.
The most effective option is the high level cistern as the water flushes with higher pressure and velocity.
SHBC-OLSB-R Slop hopper basin combo on one level
The SHBC is a slop hopper basin combo all in one level. It can be ordered with either a flush valve (WC-106T or WC-104T) or with a high level cistern. The splashback is also optional. The main bowl can be customized. Standard length for the SHBC is 1600mm but the length can be customized. Note the shortest length is 1200mm.
Tap holes can be pre-drilled to the back or sides of the main center bowl.
Ceramic slop hopper combo
The ceramic slop hopper combo is made from high-quality ceramic fireclay. Left hand and right-hand versions are available and are all made on order. It comes as a complete unit and is ready for installation. The ceramic slop hopper combo consists of the following components:
- 104° Outlet slop hopper 405 x 530 x 360 mm, complete with resin pads, c.p. bucket grating, and PVC junction pan connector.
- Fireclay Lab sink 600 x 400 x 200 mm (code 2361). With 38 mm c.p. waste (86 mm flange, 89 mm tailpiece) and plug (code 8783Z0), with PVC bottle trap and waste pipe.
- Drainer 605 x 400 mm (code 1461), with bottle trap and waste pipe.
- 4 x brackets (code 8106Z0).
- 2 x levelling plates (code 8123Z0).
- 2 x outlet levelling plates (code 8124Z0).
- Protea 11 litre high-level cistern complete with fittings and chain (code 7102HL).
- Chrome plated flush pipe and holderbat (code 1710Z2).
- 1 x c.p. 13 mm wall type combined mixer supply fitting with lever handles,
- flexible tube
- jet nozzle and
- wall hook (Cobra code 518-21).
- Slophopper 13.50 kg 0.070 m³
- Sink 21.00 kg 0.048 m³
- Drainer 12.50 kg 0.027 m³
- Cistern 23.00 kg 0.050 m³
How to install the ceramic slop hopper basin sluice sink combo
- Ensure water connections are available for mixer, correctly positioned.
- Place slop hopper into position and mark hole positions. Remove slop hopper and drill holes. Place slop hopper back into position, fix
screw to the floor and secure.
- Position brackets and mark fixing holes for sink and drainer.
- Fix brackets to the wall and attach levelling plates, then position sink and drainer onto brackets.
- Always use silicone sealant or equivalent between the brackets and the underside of the ware for a secure and neat installation.
- Assemble the cistern, determine the height, fix to the wall and connect the flush pipe.
- Cut sink waste to length and connect.
- Complete all plumbing connections, test flush, ensure that correct water level has been set.
- Always use silicone sealant or equivalent between the pan and the finished floor and wall surfaces for a secure and neat installation
Recommended accessories for the CHBC Slop Hopper