- Instant chilled drinking water at your fingertips.
- Cost effective solution to buying and storing bottled water.
- Delivers refreshingly chilled water between 5°C and 10°C.
- Chiller system stored out-of-sight under the bench top.
- Under-counter water chiller.
- Chrome plated brass tap with quarter turn action lever and 360° swivel spout.
- Up to 140 glasses of chilled water per hour.
- Chilled water temperature is maintained between 5-10°C.
- Cost effective alternative to bottled water.
- Vented system to ensure system is never compromised due to surges in
- Air cooled condenser with a compressor rated at up to 0.25hp
Zip Chilltap Undercounter instant chilled water unit. Unit to be supplied with tap and spout and installed in accordance with manufacturer’s installation instruction manual and optional (ready for installation) Zip GlobalPlus Water Filtration Kit (highly recommended for hard-water conditions).
The Zip Chilltap chiller is installed under the kitchen counter and the tap on top.
Zip Chilltap product codes
|Order code||Old code||New code||Description|
|FR-2330276||480962||2330276||Zip Global Plus water Filtration Kit complete with head, fexihoses, flter, non-return valve, Restrict-A-Flow valve|
|FR-2330274||480960||2330274||Zip Global Plus Water Filtration Cartridge (0.2 Micron-11.356 Litres Filtration at 3.8 Litres per minute)|
|FR-2330275||480961||2330275||Zip Global Plus Filter Head plus fexihoses|
Zip Chilltap installation tips
The Zip Chilltap must be installed by a qualified plumber in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and South African plumbing regulations. Water connections 15mm BSP. Designed for direct connection to a potable cold water supply with a minimum pressure of 70 kPa, pressure reducing valve to be set at 600 kPa maximum. An isolating valve should be installed between the water supply and the operational unit.
To be connected to a 15amp GPO, 220V-240V AC power supply and in accordance with South African wiring regulations.
Location and Ventilation
The Zip Chilltap should be positioned to the left and rear of a sink, and should be mounted on a flat surface. The tap should be mounted at 45 degrees to the edge of the sink so it drains into the sink when running. The under-sink chiller should be located as closely as possible to and directly under the tap. The under-sink chiller must be installed with clearances of 50mm left, right, rear and above. Optional Filter should be mounted where readily accessible on the chiller or on the adjacent cupboard wall. The cupboard containing the undersink unit must be amply ventilated, cupboard doors must be offset 4mm all round for ventilation if required.
Maintenance in hard-water areas
In areas where hard water may occur, such as in the eastern and southern coastal regions of South Africa, the product lifespan could be reduced due to build-up of scale. Regular de-scaling should be carried out by a Zip service provider every 6 to 12 months depending on the severity of the conditions.